Pretty much the first question people ask when they see a new mom with her baby is “how is he/she sleeping?” I think everyone is just curious because if you’ve ever been there you know that getting that sweet baby to sleep is no easy task. I’m currently in the beginning phases of sleep training my 4 month old daughter and was lucky enough to get to chat with Lauren Lowenstein, a Certified Gentle Sleep Coach to get some expert advice on infant sleep training. This subject is super broad so we are breaking this up into a two-part series, see nap time tips to get helpful info about your child’s nap time.
- What does a sleep coach do? Can you come to my house at 3 AM? (That’s a joke unless you say yes)
I love matching with my daughters! Not from head to toe obviously but it’s fun to have some adorable mommy and me matching apparel! I also figure they won’t think it’s too cool to match with mom for much longer so I might as well take advantage of it while I still can!
My Mother-in-law found these adorable coats from Chicwish and I absolutely love them! The Knit Your Love Cardigan for mom is currently on sale for $75.90. The Knit Your Love Cardigan for the kids comes in several different colors. We chose the ivory ones but all of the colors are very pretty! They start at size 12 months and go up to 6 years. Be advised shipping takes a little while on these so order soon if you want to wear them this season! Shop these sweaters instantly by clicking on the picture in the feed at the bottom of this post.
Old Navy has a ton of cute mommy and me matching options! As well as lots of coordinating outfits, great for when you are trying to get everyone in the same color scheme for family photos. A lot of these are currently marked WAY down right including tops for only $7!
I’ve never ordered anything from Ryleigh Rue Clothing before but I probably will soon because they have some adorable mommy and me maxi dresses for spring! Most of these are also very well priced in the $30 – $40 range.
I’ve also never ordered anything from PatPat but they have some super cute mommy and me outfits as well. This swimsuit set cracks me up!!! They also have a matching unicorn swimsuit set and unicorn onsies that I know my girls would love!
Most of their matching dresses and pretty floral maxis for spring and run under $20 which is a huge steal! I don’t know about the quality of their clothes as I haven’t ordered from this retailer before, if you have comment below with your feedback! Also, please feel free to comment or reach out to www.makingmemorieswithmyminis.com/contact to share your favorite mommy and me retailers![show_ltk_widget_version_two rows=”3″ cols=”3″ show_frame=”true” user_id=”299648″ padding=”4″ app_id=”676429028″ profileid=”f7b03ada-1619-11e9-9fed-0242ac110002″]
I had so much fun over the weekend at TFTI Houston! My parents offered to babysit so I could finally have a MUCH needed mom break and my friend and I were looking for something fun to do for an hour or two before going to a Christmas party that night. We decided to check out Thanks For The Invite and I’m so glad we did! This was pretty much the ultimate Instagram-able pop-up shop and overall we loved our TFTI experience. There are several different rooms with lots of unique photo ops in each including a love themed room with lots of pretty faux roses everywhere and a large light up sign.
The upside down Christmas room was definitely my favorite. Everything in the room is upside down so when you stand in it and take your picture flipping the image upside down makes it look like you are hanging from the ceiling. This worked out perfectly because we were going to an ugly Christmas sweater party afterwards so I happened to have my sweater in my bag and threw it on for the picture.
There is also a cloud themed room with some pretty sweet origami, a neon sign, and a swing with lots of boomerang potential!
I loved this rainbow wall room that had lots of pillows and a feather blowing machine which made for some pretty hilarious videos!
I would definitely recommend checking out TFTI for a fun hour of entertainment. The cost is $30 per ticket. This is a pop-up photo experience so it will only be in the Houston area until the end of this month, December 30th so go while you can! They are open Thursday through Sunday. As mentioned I had a babysitter for my kids but I did see a lot of kids there which would be really cute to get some unique pictures with your kiddos. If you are from the Houston area you will probably remember going to the once popular DRINK Houston, TFTI is now in that same building so we had fun reminiscing about our wild and crazy DRINK Houston days…. from about 100 years ago 🙂
We are always looking for fun new places to experience if you have a great recommendation please comment below or reach out using the contact page – www.makingmemorieswithmyminis.com/contact.
Last month was my birthday month and I’m always on the hunt for a great deal and a place to spend some of that birthday cash 🙂 Luckily so many of my favorite stores offer tons of birthday deals and freebies so I wanted to be sure to spread the word in case there are a few you haven’t heard of before! Also, none of these involve opening up a credit card with a store, that is something I pretty much never do. Keep in mind that most of these require you to sign up in advance to become a rewards member so be sure to sign up the next time you are in the store or click on any of the links below to sign up online so you won’t miss out when your birthday month comes around!
- At Home – Sign up in store or online for their insider perks to receive 15 % off your entire purchase.
- Anthropologie – Sign up and receive 15% off any item during your birthday month.
- DSW – Rewards Members receive a $5 off discount during their birthday month on any purchase in-store or online.
- Kendra Scott – You have probably already heard of the 50% off at Kendra Scott during the month of your birthday but did you know you can also use your kids and other relatives birthday discounts as well?! I had no idea I could use my kid’s birthday discount but you absolutely can as long as they are with you in the store at the time of purchase and you bring in their birth certificate! My twins turned three years old in August and I was able to get half off of two items! A nice gift for momma for surviving three years of twinsanity 🙂
- Kirklands – 25% off any item (including items already on sale) anytime during your birthday month.
- Madewell – Sign up in store or online to receive a $25 gift card during your birthday month. The gift card will be sent via e-mail after you sign up.
- Sunglass Hut – Birthday coupon for $50 off $200 purchase or $20 off $100 purchase.
- Ulta – Sign up for their rewards program and get double rewards points during your birthday month as well as a free birthday gift.
- World Market – Receive 10 – 15 % off your entire purchase or a $10 off coupon during your birthday month.
- Nekter – Rewards members receive a free birthday shot.
- Nothing Bundt Cakes – Free bundtlet on your birthday!
- Pinkberry – Free swirl!
- Sprinkles Cupcakes – Free Cupcake on your birthday
- Sugarfina – Looove Sugarfina! Sign up to receive a free candy cube!
- Starbucks – Sign up to be a rewards member & receive a free drink (any size) on your birthday. FYI – this offer does expire within 24 hours of your actual birthday, they used to extend this offer for a longer period of time so be sure to hit up Starbucks on your actual bday for this one!
Share your best birthday discounts or ANY discounts and deals with me by commenting below or by reaching out via the contact page.
Fall is by far my favorite time of year! I’m definitely one of those crazy pumpkin obsessed mommmas and love all things fall and Halloween! My daughters are three years old and are really starting to understand Halloween this year, (especially the trick-or-treating and candy part) so I decided to get them a couple of cute outfits for the holiday. One of my favorite retailers, OTwinsClothingCo has the cutest Halloween Clothes for Twins. If you would like to order any of the shirts below be sure to use coupon code KOPALTWINS at checkout to receive a 15% discount.
I found these matching Halloween leggings on Amazon of all places for only $9.99 and they come in a pack of 2! Perfect for twinsies 🙂 The witch hat bows the girls are wearing are from Hobby Lobby but you can also find similar ones on Amazon. These are really cute and a wide variety that can be worn with several different outfits or even with a costume.
I feel like my identicals aren’t super identical but apparently their teachers and classmates have trouble telling them apart at school. My girls are quick to correct you if you call them by the wrong name which I find to be completely adorable!
I also LOVE these Skeletwin shirts! I mean how adorable are these?! Target currently has some skeleton tights (not pictured) that pair perfectly with these.
OTwinsClothingCo also has some really cute Thanksgiving shirts for twins! We will definitely be ordering a few of these as well!
Momma is definitely going to wear this ACDC look alike Highway to Happy Hour shirt 🙂
Aside from seasonal outfits they also carry some great everyday shirts. Both of my girls love pink so I got them these cute matching shirts with the arrows. We get lots of compliments on this one!
Do you have a favorite twin shop? Please share with me your favorite stores! Feel free to comment below or reach out to http://makingmemorieswithmyminis.com/contact.